AWIM Special Initiatives
Robert Bosch Corporation, a leading global supplier of automotive and industrial technology and of consumer goods and building technology, has pledged $250,000 to fund A World In Motion® education initiatives specifically in areas where Bosch has a business presence. Their volunteers populate from 3 areas: Farmington, Michigan, Plymouth, Michigan and Charleston, South Carolina. Their 2010 program was an active year as they supported 5 schools from the Michigan area and 5 schools from Charleston. The 2010 leadership team consisted of 5 key individuals from Michigan and 1 from Charleston.
The Bosch program creates...
- An opportunity for students to experience the STEM fields through hands on experiences
- A unique experience for industry volunteers to become a part of the classroom by being a mentor and content expert Project Goals and Expectations
- A chance for the community and local schools to work together to educate our youth
- To expose K-12 students to a STEM education experience by using SAE International's A World In Motion Program
- To increase awareness of careers in the STEM fields